CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Ah...the craziness of Christmas! Can you feel it? Mum and Dad will be here next week. I should be cleaning but, I'm procastinating and blogging instead. LOL. Hope eveyones Turkey Day was a.o.k. Matt cooked the turkey to perfection as usual. My sister even made some awesome Leftover Turkey Fried Rice! Henry ate turkey as long as it was swimming in gravy. Sam, naturally, didn't. We'll see if we can get him to eat some when Grandma is here. Fingers crossed.

Charlotte and I partook of the Black Friday Madness , like we do every year. For those shopping impaired (or from another country) Black Friday is traditionally the day after Thanksgiving when all the shops open really really early (think before the sun) with super cheap deals on stuff from Christmas and gifts. Unfortunately, our first stop, Circuit City was a totally fruitless event. We got there a little before 5 a.m. and the line was almost to the street! Fifteen minutes after we got in, in the midst of the chaos and the grabbing, the computer system went down! In a computer/technology store, the computer goes down!. They had to manually call in every single credit card transaction. Every single one. Now, how many people do you know carry cash on hand??? Charlotte stood in line for at least an hour. (I had to leave her, I went to Toys-R-Us next door to do some important work for Santa.) All for a few CDs and DVDs. They didn't even lower the price of all their CDs (which they usually do). Sis and I plan on NOT going there next year. We also went to Gottchalks, Beverly's, and Target after. At least we got over the "bad" shopping first - so everything seemed pretty tame to us.

One of the things I went sort of ga-ga over, this past shopping weekends has been fleece! Thanks to Cindy, I found a way to make blankets without sewing them! You buy two pieces of fleece and cut strips around each piece. Then you tie the strips together. I made a train blanket for Sam and a Darth Vader blanket for Henry. I keep waiting for them to unravel, but so far they haven't! I made one for a couple new parents that I know too and Charlotte wants me to make one for her too. I have gotten so fleece crazy Matt had to give me a small fleece intervention and told me to stop buying so much!

If you haven't already noticed, we also go a new couch! No eating or drinking on this one - sorry! It's a tough rule, but we've stuck to it so far. It's an end of an era for us. We had those ugly yellow couches since Mom and Dad were alive...
We put the tree up this weekend. Our old fake one was looking a bit worse for wear so we got a new fake one. (Someday, I'd like to get a real one again.) It was much easier to put up. Plus, the lights are already in it! All we had to do was plug it in. I think it looks really good! The boys helped me put the ornaments on the tree. Henry did a great job. Sam mostly "helped" by taking his favorite ornaments and either playing with them or leaving them on the floor! Thanks to him, the brand new C-3PO ornament now has missing shins! Seriously, he's completely broken at the kneecaps! He and R-2 are now the same height!

Henry also picked out our new door wreath too this weekend. At least it's real. It's made of eucalyptys and dried flowers. It smells really good. I almost don't want it outside!

Now, I know I have caused a lot of mothers to cry because of my last post. I'm sorry. I think I owe you at least an update on how Henry is doing. Henry, of course, has pretty much bounced back from all this happy. He and Braelan still hang out a lot at school but, now they are the Three Muskateers with Marcus Chavez. Watonka, Braelan's mom just had their baby - another boy named Skylar. I think the imminent arrival of his sibling was causing Braelan to act out towards Henry a little because now he's back to being nice to him. We even had a play date (Braelan's parents idea) last week at McDonalds.

Henry is so good at just getting over things. I wish I was like that. I'm still very wary of Henry being with Braelan. I still try and remind him that he can do other things and be with other people . Most of all, we just continue to remind him everyday that he is a great kid with a big heart. He's so excited for Christmas. The other day he said, out of nowhere, "I've been good so that means I'm getting LOTS of presents!"

Well, I better get to what I'm supposed to be doing -- finishing Christmas Cards, Cleaning, Laundry etc. Later.

0 comments: