CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Beginning of the Fall

Today was the end of the first week of School for Henry. It was hectic, but as usual Henry took everything in stride. He starts school at 8:30 in the morning and it ends at 12. Thursdays are the most hectic for us all. As you know, I am required to be in Henry's class at least half a day a week. So, on Thursday I drop off Sam at the school daycare center next door and then I am in Henry's class the entire time.

This Thursday, thankfully Matt came with us on and helped me drop Sam off. This was Sam's first day in daycare! I half expected the daycare person to come running in but, it didn't happen. Infact, he seemed to have a great time. At one point I was helping the other kinders put their work in their cubbies and I Sammy was walking hand in hand with the daycare person, Renee, and another child. He looked at me and said, "Hi mommy" and continued walking.

It was interesting watchin Henry in his classroom. He is such an easygoing kid. I was worried that he was going to "act up" or expect things from me but, he was just fine. He did have snack with me, worked on centers with me, and sat next to me during circle. But, most of the time he stayed at his designated spot. He seems to really like school which is the most important thing.

The week after next, I am the designated snack person. This means I need to prepare snack for 20 kids! Just my luck, it is also the week Matt will be in L.A. for work. I will be frantic. But, the boys will take it in stride.

Last weekend we went to theCircus in San Jose. Because Cindy and Matt are kinda freaked by clowns we had seats way up up. But, we still managed to see everything. All the kids really enjoyed themselves. Sam was laughing and laughing. He thought the whole thing was just hilarious. Henry loved watching the acrobats and the animals. And Lilly was mesmerized by the horses. All in all, it was a good time and I think they would go again, if we could.

This weekend will be pretty tame. In the wake of the Hurricane, gas prices have soared here (over 3 dollars a gallon) so, we just can't afford to go anywhere. We will however, see Mila and Chaz on Monday. That will be fun. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

0 comments: