CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Need Noise?



Here's a scrapbook page, I just finished. I scrapbook almost every day. It's a real addiction for me.

Almost Friday. Things have been humming along. The weather is really nice. Henry's been swimming. He's really getting along there. Sam is talking more and more. He's definately going through those terrible twos though. We are planning on going on our first camping trip on Sunday to Sunset State Beach. I have to make up lists. We'll probably start packing on Saturday. Check in time is 2p.m. on Sunday. Wish us luck!

Took the kids to Jose Ave Park yesterday. We had a good time. There was this nice young woman from Barrios Unidos who offered free lunches to the kids. Apparently for the summer, they can have a free luch every Weds. in the park. Mary and I were impressed. Usually, there is a parent group there, who never acknowledges us or introduces themselves.

Seen any good DVDs lately?? I Finally got a chance to see The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou and House of Flying Daggers. I liked them both but, also not as much as some other Wes Anderson or Yimou Zhang movies. For both of them, I felt the pacing was a bit off. But, I liked them. Thank goodness for Netflix! You pay one monthly price for rental and you keep the movie as long as you want. Seriously no extra fees, no "restocking" charges that Blockbuster try and sneak by you...

Aside from the camping this weekend, we will probably take the kids to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Sam loves the squirrels on the preview. We watched a special on MTV about the movie and Sam wanted me to rewind the part with the squirrels over and over again (we have a DVR on our sattelite). Apparently, Tim Burton hired real trained squirrels and the chocolate river was made of a kind of base used for baked beans. Tasty.

Oh before I forget, I wanted to let everyone know that if you have the t.v. channel Noggin you might catch a glimpse of our friends Eric and Christina's kids Alaric and Gwyndolyn in a music video on rotation there. It's for a song called Farm Animal Friends by a group called "Gwendolyn and The Goodtime Gang". Alaric is in chaps, blue denim and a Clint Eastwood cowboy hat and Gwyndolyn is in a maroon cowgirl dress complete with pigtails. The song is pretty catchy. Although, I never imagined our Eric (Mr. Bloody Valentine) telling us to watch a band with the words "Goodtime Gang" in the title. :) I understand the whole proud parent thing though. If my kids were in a video for something like Kelpo and the Seaweed gang I'd be all over it too! Have a good weekend! Janet out.

0 comments: