CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Marching...


What? You said today is the first day of March? I can't believe it. Granted February is a short month, but, please. Better get on with the update, before it's April!

February was all about seeing old friends. Henry Sam and I got to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with Beverly, Wes, (their adorable new baby Marley), Molly, Jolie, Kelly and her cutie patootie baby Jack. We had a grand time. The kids love the aquarium. It was busy, wall to wall people, but, they didn't mind. Sometimes I wish I still had that kind of wonder for sure!

Last Friday, Mark, Marla, Mila and Chas came over for dinner. I find that I really enjoy making dinner for friends. It was so nice to have them over to talk. The boys pretty much behaved themselves too! I have to admit I was a little disappointed when everyone left so early-- around 10:30. Back when we were in our 20s we used to stay up so damn late! I used to be able to stay up all night, if I wanted to. Oh well. They all live kinda far away in Felton so I understand. I am just so glad they came over.

On Saturday, Matt and I attended Brian and Lisa's wedding. We weren't allowed to bring Henry and Sam. Apparently, a no-kids-allowed nuptial is a "trend" lately. Needless to say, I was kinda taken aback about this. I love what Mark said when we told him and the rest of the dinner party. He said, "That would never fly at a Mexican wedding. Noone would come!" Ha! Even though, I knew in my heart that my kids would have been great, Henry's been known to really "cut a rug" on the dance floor , we still had a good time anyway. Brian is part of Matt's circle of friends -- it was him, Brian, Josh, and Dirk who used to go see The San Jose Earthquakes pretty regularly. They had this ritual. They would go to Cluck-U Chicken burn their mouths on some super hot chicken wings, douse the fire with beer and then watch the soccer match. How manly! They all worked at Aladdin together. Dirk moved away a few years ago and Josh is now at Apple. Both Dirk and Josh were in the wedding party. We got to meet Josh's wife Kayzuko (sorry if I butchered the spelling). She is so sweet. She works at Apple too. Josh adores her. It was nice for Matt to see his chums again and Brian and Lisa were very happy.

Right now Matt is in Kansas. He's been in Florida for a few days. I'm busy working on some scrapbooking layouts and carting the kids around. I'm trying to get into this "design team" for an online scrap site. If I get in, I get free "kits" each month to create layouts plus a nice discount on the online store. Wish me luck.

0 comments: