CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Where Does the Time go??


Can you believe it's the end of June already?? Summer is halfway over! I find that as I have gotten older the days have gotten shorter. I sleep less than I did when I was young, or single, or without children. Matt never used to sleep much, so he's kinda used to it. I readily admit I kinda envy the kids for being able to sleep 10+ hours each night. Back when Matt and I were without H&S we used to sleep in on weekends, get up whenever, and if there was time, go to brunch. I miss brunch. I suppose we could take the kids out to breakfast but, then I'd have to dress them, put them in the car, distract them while we wait for a table, bring snacks (because the food takes a while to come out) and then I wouldn't eat anyway because I'd be running around after them because they aren't hungry now (or ever really). The experience isn't the same anymore. Anyway, even with less sleep - the days seem shorter. That's something they just don't teach you in school.



Today we are going on our regular Lilly playdate. We are going to meet Lilly and Mary at Blue Ball Park today or as Henry calls it "Blueberry Park." Sam has pretty much mastered using the stairs, even though I haven't mastered watching him going up and down them. So, I'll probably follow him and then help him go down the super slide there about 50 times. You can't see the slide from the picture of the website but, trust me, it's huge. This is a fun park though. Large enough for the kids to have a really good time but, not so large that I could lose one of them in my sights.

0 comments: